Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
Welcome to the 145th episode of The Author Hangout, a podcast designed to help authors, especially self-published and indie authors, with marketing their books and improving their author platform. Authors struggle with various aspects of marketing and we are here to help!
Million Dollar Book Business
In this episode, Shawn shows you the entire setup to turn your book into a million dollar book business. No, it won’t happen over night, but Shawn lays out a solid plan that you can start taking the first steps on today.
Listen to the Show / Podcast
- FREE: The Ultimate Author Checklist for Online Book Marketing
- Shawn’s Fiction Author Value Ladder
- Shawn’s “Million Dollar Idea” Spreadsheet
“If you were to sell a million dollars of your $3 book and assuming that you get 70% margin on that then you’re going to actually have to sell 476,190 books. Crazy, right? The reality is though is that when you look at the value ladder you are able to enjoy the benefit of those initial set of subscribers that you’ve paid for and acquired. They actually pay for more and more than just the first product.”
“We have not done a great job as authors in really thinking through what exactly do our audience members want. What is the pain that they really desire? What is the desire that they have when they read our fiction books that would make them want to participate in a one day, three day, week long even at some luxury place? What is it that they really want? The reality is that we don’t do a great job at getting the big picture around the real desire and need for our audience. “
Please Leave Us A Review
Just like authors do with their books, we need reviews for our podcast! Reviews for our podcast help other authors to learn about and learn from The Author Hangout. Can you take a moment to leave a review for our podcast? If you don’t know how but are willing to leave a review, please go here to learn how to leave a quick review for our podcast. It will only take a minute, but it will help a lot.
Thank you so much!
How To Listen
There are many ways to listen to the show:
- Right here… You can listen to the interview above!
- iTunes… Our podcast is up and running on iTunes! Click here to listen to past episodes and subscribe for free to be notified of all future podcasts!
- Stitcher… If you prefer Stitcher for your podcast listening, you can listen to our podcast here.
Get caught up on the other episodes of The Author Hangout that you may have missed:
- Ep 145: “Million Dollar Book Business”
- Ep 144: “Network Net Worth”
- Ep 143: “Learning to Hack Learning”
- Ep 142: “Making Of The Perfect Optin”
- Ep 141: “Coaching Breeds Author Success”
- Ep 140: “Gumroad for Authors”
- Ep 138: “Goal Setting Check-in”
- Ep 137: “Relying On Others”
- Ep 136: “Honest Conversations on Book Marketing”
- Ep 135: “Recognition of Hard Work”
- Ep 133: “Making Money Fast?”
- Ep 132: “Book Marketing & Book Launches”
- Ep 129: “Author Answers: Using KDP Select or Not”
- Ep 126: “Media Interviews & Book Marketing”
- Ep 124: “Goal Setting for Authors”
- Ep 121: “Authors Answers: DIY Blog Tours”
- Ep 119: “Author Answers: Choosing Comparison Titles”
- Ep 115: “Author Answers: Best Marketing Activities”
- Ep 113: “Writing Faster, Marketing Smarter”
- Ep 111: “Building Book Launch Teams”
- Ep 110: “Book Launches and Distribution”
- Ep 107: “NaNoWriMo, Writing, and Marketing”
- Ep 104: “Connect With Other Authors”
- Ep 099: “Maximizing Book Promotions”
- Ep 097: “Kindle in Motion & More”
- Ep 086 – How To Create an Irresistible Opt-In Incentive
The content for this post was sourced from www.BookMarketingTools.com